Wednesday 4 May 2016

One week in .....

… and I’m beginning to get used to the temperatures. The mornings and evenings are cold – for the first time I am sleeping under the quilt. There has just been one night when I had to throw it off. Washing takes so much longer to dry too. Today I’ve even worn a cardigan. I’m thinking of taking my fleece when I start to travel. That said, by lunch time it is quite hot and today I had a swim and then a sit in the sun.

Tomorrow morning I am delivering some papers and a cash donation to Jouberton Primary School, with whom St Nicholas’ First School in Codsall are trying to make link, following last year’s visit by those who came to do Sunday School teachers’ training. Then I’m off on my travels around the Diocese, only touching base here at 46 Monica Ave for one night. What internet access will be in the more remote areas I don’t know. At least the Bishop was only teasing when he said there wouldn’t be electricity! He’s told me that if I get homesick I can always come back here anytime. Me? Homesick? Those two words don’t go together! But it is nice to know that he sees this as my home here.

Saturday I am leading a post-ordination training for those in the first 10 years of Orders. I have had no end of trouble with making the PowerPoint, but at the third go it worked. Sunday I shall be at Tigane, and delivering the 75 knitted jumpers that filled my bags on the journey here. Hopefully I’ll get some photos. They are just in time for the cold weather. Then it’s off up north.

Prayers please for Saturday, a sermon on Sunday and safe travelling, especially as my wonderful map book is still in a box somewhere after the move to the new Diocesan Centre, and we can’t find it!

1 comment:

  1. Hope the weekend goes well.
    Map book or not, may you get to where you are meant to be with safe journeys and interesting moments making for great memories.
    Love and prayers as always. J xx

    ReplyDelete